Job description: Do you love to explore and experiment with new ideas? Do you want to be part of the re-start of the travelling industry and shape a product that can have a positive impact on millions of people, every day?
Get an inside look at tech at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Create an amazing experience for millions of users.
- Work in a cross-functional team with passionate experts from various fields.
- Participate in architecture decisions and innovative feature development tasks.
- Support discovering and defining product improvements through your engagement in ideation.
- Be an ambassador for consistency, usability and accessibility of our product’s interface.
- Stay up to date with current frameworks, tools, techniques and libraries.
- Ideating & implementing proof of concept applications for testing various new product ideas.
- Write clean, composable, and testable code.
Our Technology Stack:
- Preact (with Hooks)
- Apollo GraphQL (client and server)
- Tailwind CSS
What you’ll need:
- Solid experience in code design and architecture to build and maintain scalable systems.
- A desire to constantly learn and improve- we will help you by providing external and internal trainings.
- An inquisitive, analytical mind and the capability to draw valuable insights from raw data.
- To be a team player and enjoy working with people.
- Strong interest in creating a great user experience.
What we´d love you to have:
- Hands- on experience in programming with TypeScript.
- Hands-on experience with Next.js
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Knowledge about accessibility and semantic HTML.
- Experience with Tailwind and CSS modules.
- You have hands-on experience on full-stack projects.
- You value and seek software performance optimization.
This job is not for you, if:
- Continuous learning and development doesn´t excite you.
- You don´t enjoy constant change and frequent organizational restructuring.
- You are a solo player.
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our
in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. * Relocation and integration: Support with
costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes. * Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on
, and . * To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our
, follow on Twitter and sign up to our . * Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our .
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at .
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net