Job title: Front-End Web Engineer (Open to full remote from France)
Job description: Company Description
BlaBlaCar is the world’s leading carpooling platform, created with one dream in mind: leveraging technology to fill the millions of empty seats on the road. We offer long- and short-distance carpooling as well as a bus marketplace, with the mission to become the go-to marketplace for shared road mobility.
Today, our community counts over 90 million travellers in 22 countries, creating a smarter, friendlier and carbon-saving transport network. Every year, our community saves 1.6 million tons of CO2e by sharing the road, equivalent to the CO2 emissions generated by Paris traffic in a year. But it doesn’t stop here – our team of 250+ engineers is developing innovative algorithms to further unlock the potential of shared travel and multiply its impact.
We’re looking for people to join our journey – people who care, who are driven by impact and innovation, and who want to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. We offer a flexible workplace where we count on each other to take initiative. So join the ride – we can’t wait to see where it takes you.
We are looking for a Front-End Web Engineer to join our team. Along with 11 talented front-end engineers, you will contribute to the Single Page Application project whose goal is to migrate our website out of our PHP monolith to a responsive web app in an API centric model.
Our new stack includes state of the art web frameworks (ES6, TypeScript, React, saga, redux, jest, webpack, etc.) and server-side rendering with NodeJS.
We work in an agile way and are organized in front-end squads, focused on a given product scope (e.g. search, booking, etc.).
What you will directly contribute to
- Enhancing and maintaining www.blablacar.com SPA complex technical stack: 3 million page views per day in 22 countries
- Developing and maintaining our new design system by challenging UX members and participating in product reviews
- Launching new features while keeping a high-quality codebase
- Optimizing the carpooling experience while integrating our new BlaBlaBus product
What you will need to be successful:
- Ability to modify and challenge a complex front-end web technical stack
- Experience in building and maintaining scalable and high-quality software
- Prior experience in TypeScript or back-end technologies such as Java, PHP Symfony, would be a plus
- Product-oriented spirit with the ambition to deliver the best experience to our members
- Fluent in spoken and written English, proficiency French is a plus
What we have to offer
- 🌎 An international environment: over 35 nationalities across 7 countries: France, Germany, Spain, Ukraine, Russia, Brazil, Poland.
- 💡 Opportunities to learn: 360 onboarding weeks, weekly team-all BlaBlaTalks to learn about what other teams are up to, International Weeks to mingle with other offices, regular Q&A sessions with our leadership, honest discussions about our company KPIs, ‚Fail, Learn, Succeed‘ moments where we destigmatize and share moments of failure with others.
- 🚀 Innovation: Coding Nights to pitch ideas outside our roadmap and make development dreams come true, weekly Product & Tech Demos and blogs to share engineering stories, access to top conferences across Europe.
- 🌱 Impact: building a product that has a real impact on society and the environment, and sharing an office culture that prioritizes low-waste and eco-friendly practices.
- 💜 People-first: wind down from work at our BlaBlaShows, BlaBlaBreak retreats, weekly breakfasts and afterworks (when the sanitary conditions permit it) or meme battles on Slack.
- 🧭 Shared company principles that guide us in our everyday decision-making and bring us closer to our goal. Find out more about our
Your Future Benefits
- 🏡 Tailor-made remote policy: from 2 days per week to full remote (to be discussed with the Talent Acquisition Manager during the first call).
- 💰 A fair & competitive salary package
- 🚀Employee Stock Ownership plan
- 🎈Holidays: 10 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- 🌍 Relocation package and visa sponsorship to welcome you wherever you are currently based
- 👶 Parental policy (we are a signatory of the #ParentalAct)
- 🎒 Trainings & career development programs
- 🚗Free carpooling & 🚌 bus-rides wherever whenever
Interested in joining the ride?
Here’s what your hiring journey will look like.
- a 45-min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- a 60-min video-call with
, our Engineering Manager * several fully remote exercises to evaluate your technical skills (pari programming, design review)
- a 60-min video-call with
, our VP Frontend
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 20-25 days and offers usually come within 48 hours.
BlaBlaCar is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 04:23:15 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net