Job title: Finance and Accounting Officer Parental cover
Company: Stift Liv- och Fredinst
Job description: About the Role:
The Finance and Accounting Officer is a key role in the Finance and Administration Unit and is responsible for providing financial support for LPI’s Uppsala office and other country offices. He/she will work closely with the Finance and Administration Director (FAD) as well as the HR and Administration Officer, and will be the first point of contact for Finance work in the Uppsala office, whether it relates to financial administration support, accounting and logistics coordination.
Duties and responsibilities:
A. Payment Processing, Financial Analysis and Reporting
· Management of accounts payable from scanning and coding to the accounting and reconciliations: invoices and expense claims, as well as other financial transactions as instructed, etc.
· Preparation of consolidated monthly BvA for the Strategic Leadership Team (SLT) with a short narrative report to explain major variances.
· Preparation of internal financial reports for Head Office finance to strict reporting deadlines.
· Ensuring all donor reports are supported by transaction lists, in line with organizational procedures.
· Provide financial analysis and ad-hoc reports to FAD/Uppsala SMT as requested[LF1] .
B. Financial System & Accounting
· Managing the accounting system (SUN) for Uppsala as assigned by the Finance & Administration Director (FAD).
· Working with the Finance & Administration Manager (FAM) in other LPI offices to establish month-end close timetables to ensure that information is received on a timely basis.
· Updating the Uppsala Chart of Accounts as needed.
· Carrying out all month end processes and reconciliations to ensure a timely completion of the accounts for the period, including completion of monthly support cost allocations.
· Supporting year end processes in line with organisational procedures.
· Ensure all monthly Internal Invoices are issued and circulated in a timely manner according to the Month-End Close procedure.
· Supporting the yearly audits by liaising with the auditors and engaging in other required interactions.
· Providing statutory and donor auditors with transaction lists, trial balance and other information from SUN as requested.
· Support in the preparation of year end accounts for external audit purposes.
· Ensure the timely payroll/salary payments to all non-Uppsala staff.
· Liaising with Skatteverket and other relevant Swedish authorities and external partners.
· Undertaking other tasks as assigned by FAD.
· Relevant academic education or trainings within accounting or bookkeeping or equivalent knowledge acquired through professional experience. A university degree in Finances or a related discipline is a plus.
· Five or more years’ experience of working in finance with accounting in Sweden.
· Experience of handling contact with suppliers and authorities in Sweden.
· Service mindedness in delivering professional support at all levels within the organization, and readiness to assist where it is needed.
· A problem-solver and initiative-taker with good organizational skills, able to work effectively both by themselves and as part of a team.
· A multi-tasker with the ability to tackle new challenges and handle additional tasks effectively and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience from work with the NGO or non-profit organisations sector is a plus.
· Excellent Swedish and English language skills.
· French language is a plus.
· A valid working permit or residential status that enables you to work in Sweden.
The contract is for a 100% 1-year parental cover with possible extension. Starting date March 1st 2021. The Finance and accounting Officer will report to the Finance and Admin Director. The Life & Peace Institute is committed to offering employees an excellent work-life balance and a generous benefit package based on our collective agreement.
How to Apply:
Please send your application, including a CV (no longer than 2 pages) and a Cover Letter (no longer than 1 page) to , with the subject line ‘Finance and Accounting Officer’. The deadline for applications is February 7th, 2021.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net