Job title: Field Service Technician
Job description: Role Summary
The Field Service Team installs, commissions, troubleshoots, and repairs Flowserve’s pumps and equipment for our customers in industries such as oil and gas, chemical, nuclear, coal, and wastewater industries. This position requires a Service Technician that performs field servicing, site repairs and maintenance activities on a wide range of pumping equipment. The work is normally carried out on customer premises that will include, but not be limited to, factory sites, chemical facilities, pumping stations, refineries, oil rigs and other plant installations. The work entails, but is not limited to, removal, inspection, refurbishment, rebuild, installation, commission, general servicing, on-site repair, troubleshooting and the completion of applicable reports in an electronic format suitable for submittal to internal and external customers.
Job Posting Category
Preferred Experience / Skills
- Training as a state-certified technician specializing in electrical engineering is required or similar knowledge and skills that were acquired in any another way.
- Qualified as a mechanical engineering apprentice, have good fitting and mechanical skills and be familiar with the alignment of small, single stage pumping packages.
- Have knowledge of pumps, together with knowledge of mechanical seals.
- Have demonstrable experience in the use of laser alignment equipment.
- Experience in the chemical, power, and/or oil and gas industries.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and schematics.
- You should have a good knowledge of requisite health and safety requirements and be capable of working within clients ‚permit to work‘ systems.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Good English oral and written language and interpersonal skills are required as the job entails report writing and dialogue with customers and service administration.
- A knowledge of and the ability to use a PC and related software packages are essential.
- Perform work ensuring required quality and delivery to meet Flowserve and customer expectations.
- Proactively identify and attend training to develop personal knowledge and skills.
- Be prepared for regular travel and away from home working.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- Actively support a positive SHEA culture to reduce lost time injuries and recordable accident frequency rate and maintain a safe hazard free work environment and promotes a safe working environment and follow all applicable safety regulations.
- Being an expert in the field, conduct job walk down for critical jobs prior the start-up of the service. Together with the Field Service Coordinator and/or Supervisor, validate that the quotations prepared by the commercial are technically sound and aligned with customer expectations.
- Visit customer sites, to deliver installation, commissioning, and general service-related tasks on relatively simpler installations for OEM equipment as well from competitors, this in line with Flowserve established processes.
- Direct interface with Subcontractors, vendors and any supplier working at site with our Field Service Technician for critical jobs.
- Carrying out appropriate diagnoses and repairs of pumps (Mechatronic products) in the field and in the workshop.
- Performing trouble shooting
- Assembly in the Field as well in necessary in the Flowserve QRC Workshop.
- Checking and ensuring quality.
- Adaptation, modification and optimization of the systems and components of the hardware and software parameters according to customer orders.
- Monitor repair quality, carry out test tasks. Analyze defects, rework and rejects as well as develop and implement measures for preventive quality assurance or suggest implementation.
- Contribute to the definition of quality standards.
- Clarification of technical questions as well as tasks of general communication and scheduling with customers. (also, international customers).
- Product training for internal and external customers if necessary.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net