Job title: Experienced Field Service Engineer (Mechanical)
Job description: Experienced Field Service Engineer (Mechanical) – Full Time – Lomm, Netherlands
At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Join our Sulzer Turbo Services team, part of Sulzer Rotating Equipment Services (RES), which is one of the world’s most advanced independent providers of repair, overhaul, and maintenance within the turbine industry. From Venlo (Lomm) or on site, we provide our customers worldwide with solid, customer-oriented, and flexible support for their Compressors, Steam and Gas Turbines. Please join our proud and highly skilled international crew as an Experienced Field Service Engineer (Mechanical) in the role of Shift Lead or Technical Advisor.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Coordination and execution of all mechanical maintenance activities for inspections and repairs of gas turbine installations, including associated auxiliaries of customer owned power generation facilities utilizing Gas Turbines.
- Ensure accurate installation, trouble shooting, and diagnostics of Gas Turbines and other rotating equipment conform Sulzer standards.
- Provide technical (mechanical) on-site direction and supervision during maintenance events.
- Manage site activities like planning, integration, and monitoring of resources and technical assistance based on the agreed contractual work scope.
- Supervise contracted employees by providing guidance, monitoring quality and progress during Gas Turbine overhauls.
- Align with our clients on daily progress and scheduled activities.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A vocational education background with a technical scope or level gained by relevant experience.
- A proven track record of executing Gas Turbine overhaul projects (with Siemens V94.2/3A, GE F9E/FA and/ or Alstom 13E2 etc) as a mechanical expert in shift lead positions.
- 10+ years‘ experience in hands-on Gas Turbine maintenance in the power generation industry.
- Relevant experience in leading international teams.
- Fluent English language skills.
- A customer oriented, flexible, and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- To be able and willing to frequently international travel.
Sulzer offers an excellent package of benefits (CAO Metalektro), including:
- A more than competitive salary,
- Flexible working hours,
- A generous number of holidays (40),
- A solid pension scheme,
- Training opportunities,
- Company restaurant at the facility with tasty and healthy options,
- Bicycle plan, company fitness, and more.
We are based in Lomm (close to Venlo), which is a great place to live. You can choose to live with the benefits of a city like Venlo, Eindhoven or Nijmegen which are all within an hour of travel or in the quieter villages close to our facility. Venlo is known as a strategic European logistic hub, close to the German border, with the availability of a highway network into all directions and easy access to international airports of Eindhoven, Düsseldorf and Weeze. Located with a National Park (Maasduinen) in the backyard of our office you can spend your lunchtime with a healthy walk with your colleagues.
Please send us your application including a complete resume and short motivation letter via the online tool.
International applicants are welcome to apply. No visa or work permit support can be provided for this role.
Have a question about the role?
Reach out to Rob Salden, HR Business Partner (+31(0)77 4738666). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated: We have already chosen our recruitment channels for this vacancy and therefore kindly request recruitment services (secondment / recruitment and selection) not to contact us.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
82% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work – so come and join our story, starting today!
Sulzer is a global leader in fluid engineering. We specialize in pumping, agitation, mixing, separation and application technologies for fluids of all types. Our customers benefit from our commitment to innovation, performance and quality and from our responsive network of 180 world-class production facilities and service centers across the globe. Sulzer has been headquartered in Winterthur, Switzerland, since 1834. In 2020, our 15’000 employees delivered revenues of CHF 3.3 billion. Our shares are traded on the SIX Swiss Exchange (SIX: SUN). www.sulzer.com
Rotating Equipment Services
Through a network of over 100 service sites around the world, Sulzer provides cutting-edge parts as well as maintenance and repair solutions for pumps, turbines, compressors, motors and generators. We service our own original equipment, but also all associated third-party rotating equipment run by our customers, maximizing its sustainability and life cycle cost-effectiveness. Our technology-based solutions, fast execution and expertise in complex maintenance projects are available at our customers’ doorsteps. www.sulzer.com
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net