Job title: Environmental Engineer
Job description: Job Description
We are now looking for an environmental engineer to join our passionate team in Skellefteå. In joining us you will play an important part from the very start in building one of the first large scale European battery factory and enabling the future of energy.
As an environmental engineer, you are part of the EHS department at Northvolt Ett, which is a central resource for environmental, energy, fire safety and work environment issues within the business. In our team, we work closely together and support and encourage each other.
We look forward to applicants from different backgrounds and experience levels.
The daily work include planning and measuring emissions to air and water, writing reports to the authorities, doing environmental walks, risk assessments and investigations and being a support to the manufacturing organization with environmental compliance, in order to create a strong environmental awareness.
We are looking for a person who is both professional and driven, results-oriented and with a good sense of planning. Since working at Northvolt requires many internal and external contacts, it is important that you can express yourself well in speech and in writing
As a person you are trustworthy, has high integrity and is perceptive. You have good collaborative skills which enables you to build good relations with your teammates. You are interested in technology and appreciate working practically. A lot of the measurement assignments will take place inside the factory and requires handling of measuring equipment which can be physically demanding
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishing and developing the environmental monitoring program for the factory.
- Taking water and air samples according to environmental monitoring program.
- Calculate, manage and account for emissions from the factory.
- Educate and inform management and other teams on actions needed for compliance.
- Supervise and make sure that legal requirements and permit requirements are complied with.
- Support the organisation with, for example, risk assessments, investigations and routines within the environmental management system.
- Manage contacts with the supervisory authority.
Apply with CV in english or your complete LinkedIn profile.
Full time employment, fixed salary.
Planned starting date is asap.
Work with great people
„We move at a fast pace and decisions are made in a deliberate, thoughtful, and bold manner.“
R&D Electrode Manager
„At Northvolt there is no right or wrong. Everyone brings something to the table.“
Director Raw Materials
„It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of starting up a new industry segment.“
„I love being a part of such a bold effort to tackle the energy problem.“
Skills & Requirements
We believe that you have:
- An education background as an environmental engineer or similar
- Knowledge about Swedish legislation within environment and its application
- Knowledge about different methods for measuring emissions to air and water.
- Good experience in Excel and other office-programs
- Experience from the manufacturing industry is a plus
- Excellently spoken and written Swedish and English
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently
- Result driven and eager to identify improvement possibilities
- Strong Communication skills
- You enjoy performing practical work
Great Place to Work
World leading technique
Top specialists as team peers
Fast paced & entrepreneurial culture
About the company
Northvolt makes green batteries for a blue planet. Affordable cells and high-quality battery systems. All manufactured with a record-low carbon footprint. Purposely built to provide Europe with the opportunity to switch to renewable energy – efficiently and entirely.
To accomplish this, we do things differently. We design, manufacture, and recycle everything under one roof. We even build our own factories.
Northvolt is growing fast. We’re staffing our gigafactory Northvolt Ett in Skellefteå, Sweden. We want to work with smart individuals from all disciplines. Strong individuals that truly want to make a positive impact on the future. Those of us already on board share a passion for our mission. We’re prepared to work hard in pursuit of excellence. We enjoy the ride and our main drive is to make a difference for real. As a team, we’re dedicated to thinking new, driving things forward and having fun.
Location: Skellefteå, Västerbotten
Job date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 08:20:58 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net