Job title: Environmental Compliance Consultant (Field Based)
Company: Environmental Resources Management Michigan, Inc
Job description: ERM is hiring an experienced Environmental Compliance Consultant to join our growing Performance & Assurance consulting team in Holland, MI. The successful candidate will work on a variety of technically challenging projects for clients in the energy, chemical and manufacturing sectors locally and nationally with increasing responsibility for task/project management duties. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental management projects for large industrial and global clients. Access to ERM’s national Performance & Assurance experts also provides knowledge sharing of best practices across the industry and ongoing learning opportunities for our team. This is a limited, fixed-term position with a duration of 2 months.
- Manage multiple projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Prepare threshold/release calculations in support of Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) Tier II and Toxic Release Inventory (TRI) reporting for multiple sectors.
- Provide technical assistance/guidance on EHS compliance assurance projects.
- Provide environmental compliance support to clients, including on-site assistance as needed.
- Develop and review plans, permits, procedures and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater program compliance.
- Perform environmental compliance audits and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Implement environmental management systems and programs for corporate clients.
- Perform litigation support projects under attorney-client privilege and EPA’s Audit Policy.
- Prepare technical proposals and participate in business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Communicate with clients, ERM employees, and vendors.
- BS in environmental or chemical engineering, chemistry, environmental science, or related discipline; MS a plus.
- 5 to 10 years of environmental compliance experience; consulting and management systems experience preferred.
- Experience developing, auditing, and/or maintaining corporate management industry standards/compliance programs (either as a consultant or an internal compliance officer).
- Familiarity with USEPA and MDEQ environmental regulations and understanding of environmental permit application processes.
- Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of Excel required; PowerPoint and Access desired.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and analytical skills; experience writing comprehensive technical reports.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
- Professional registration desired, or motivation to obtain.
- Local candidates preferred.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net