Job title: EHS Specialist II
Search by Keyword
Search by Location
Shape the future with us. And also your own.
As a driver of innovation, Viega is one of the most important technology leaders in the installation industry. We develop intelligent systems and integrated digital solutions. Quality is incorporated into everything we do. We believe that this is about much more than supplying pipelines. We turn spaces into living rooms: More comfortable. More intelligent. More secure. More sustainable.
Support us as:
EHS Specialist II
Job-ID 6365 – McPherson, KS
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for the development and implementation of EHS programs, policies, procedures, and auditing functions for Supply Chain operations. The successful candidate ensures compliance with employee occupational health and safety and environmental laws at the local, state and federal levels.
JOB DESCRIPTION DETAILS
- Ensures all permits, conditions, training, etc. are completed to ISO 14001, EPA and OSHA standards.
- Perform annual audits to ensure that current operational parameters are consistent with design and permit requirements or conditions.
- Manage the inspection calendar to ensure all required samples and recordkeeping are completed on schedule
- Ensures EHS policies and procedures are followed by company or plant personnel in compliance with local, State, and Federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rules and regulations.
- Prepares and reviews technical EHS regulatory reporting documents.
- Consults with all departments on design, modification, and use of equipment to ensure proper safety devices and practices are in place.
- Conducts internal EHS audits to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, and recommends corrective or preventative measures be in place.
- Keeps managers and employees alerted as to the hazards or working with toxic fumes, dangerous chemicals, and any other hazardous substances.
- Participates in the investigation of accidents and injuries, and cooperates in the preparation of material and evidence for developing countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assists regulatory agencies during regulatory (such as: OSHA and environmental) inspections and/or investigations.
- Drives and promotes zero incident culture and employee engagement throughout the business.
- Provides technical guidance to management regarding health related issues and correct use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Implements and recommends control measures for exposure to hazardous materials or conditions.
- Surveys, compiles, and analyzes data relating to occupational and environmental health issues.
- Develop, and maintain safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local regulations related to safety.
- Conduct safety audits to ensure safety policies and procedures are being followed and administered correctly.
- Track and analyze accident data to identify problem areas and develop countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure company policies and procedures are followed during OSHA or other regulatory inspections.
- Manage inventory of proper PPE.
Educational & Organizational Development Systems
- Creates and conducts training programs that will increase proficiency in safe practices and promote safety awareness.
- Work with outside contractors to provide EHS training when required.
- Attends meetings and training as required and/or assigned.
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned.
Special Job Dimensions
- Will be required to travel up to 20% of the time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer programs including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and SAP
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Education, Certification/License & Work Experience
- Bachelors of Science degree in Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, or related discipline
- 3-5 years related experience preferred
Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.
A complete and comprehensive benefit package is offered to all full time regular employees. This includes: – 2 Medical Plans – Dental – Vision – Company Paid Life, AD&D, STD, LTD – Voluntary Supplemental Life for employee and family – 401(k) Safe Harbor and Optional participation with additional Company Match – Legal Insurance – Pet Insurance – Tuition Reimbursement and more
Job date: Wed, 17 Nov 2021 23:53:28 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net