Job title: EDD Agent
Job description: EDD Agent
We’re looking for an EDD Agent to join our growing EDD team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on , grow as a specialist and help save millions more people money.
TransferWise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true .
Your mission is to ensure speedy and correct verification and monitoring of high risk consumers according to regulations, risk appetite and TransferWise’s policies.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the EDD team:
- Review and monitor high risk and complex customer verification cases, having a deep and broad knowledge of TransferWise compliance framework and the regulatory environment
- Perform due diligence on customers and businesses through a variety of data sources including websites, financial statements, AML policies and external legal opinion; take a risk-based approach to work effectively and maintain speed, quality and consistency
- Have a deep understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies
- Take risk-based case decisions with a clearly documented and auditable record, in the context of our customer due diligence policy, acceptable use policy and applicable regulations
- Communicate with customers as required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies
- Coach others on our regulatory obligations, how our policies fulfill them and our risk-based approach to deterring and preventing money laundering and financial crime
- Work in the team and with compliance to evolve both our policies and our due diligence processes, continuously improving our knowledge, risk management and customer experience
- Escalate any suspicions and/or concerns to the AML and Fraud teams for review
- Work as EDD expert sharing knowledge across teams, delivering a great customer experience and contributing through side projects and ideas on process, policy or product improvements
- Analyse, re-evaluate, build and document risk factors and risk mitigation methods for TransferWise high risk customers
- You’re able to represent the policies, processes and auditable EDD work to regulators and auditors
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent
- Additional languages, especially Dutch or Japanese, are an important bonus
- You can multitask and take responsibility in different situations
- You can handle routine well and have a razor sharp attention to detail
- You’re punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done
- You’re a good communicator and can work in cross-team environment
- You have minimum of 1 year of work experience in the compliance/risk sector and knowledge of regional and global regulatory requirements and essentials of a risk based approach
- You have a valid working permit in Hungary
NB! Please only apply if you’re legally authorised to work in Hungary. In the current situation we’re not able to support any visa or relocation for this role.
PS! If you’re interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV in English, and answering the application questions. Please submit your application latest by 11th February 2021.
We’re people without borders – without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
Ready to apply?
Complete the eligibility checklist now and get started with your online application.
Not for you?
Sign up for email job alerts and you’ll be the first to know when other jobs like this become available.
Explore our Budapest office
Architecture straight out of a fairytale, unrivalled hospitality and a commendable love of paprika… our office in ‚Angel Land‘ awaits.
Start your application
Latest Compliance roles
Create a job alert
Students and grads
Keep in touch
© TransferWise Ltd 2021
TransferWise is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011, Firm Reference 900507, for the issuing of electronic money.
Expected salary: 540000 per month
Job date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 04:18:29 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net