Job title: Director Technology (m/f/d)
Company: Visual Meta
Job description: Sending applications for this position is currently not working. Try again later.
Director Technology (m/f/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
Our vision at Ladenzeile is to empower our millions of users to find their favorites in fashion, living and lifestyle. As ”Co-Director (m/f/d) Technology you are a key part of our Management Team. Together with your Co-Director and the Director of Product you will build and lead the product and development teams that drive Ladenzeile to new horizons. As a portal for fashion, living and lifestyle, we set out to grow in a rapidly growing e-commerce environment by providing tech-driven curation, perfectly tailored comparison and a best-in-class User Experience.
Our Tech Department builds and drives our customer facing applications as well as B2B and internal services. Being a member of a tech department of about 60 engineers, designers and product managers/owners, this position will allow you to directly impact our vision to “empower everyone to find their favorites in fashion, living, and lifestyle”.
Your challenges and tasks
- You develop and drive Ladenzeile’s technological vision and support company goals with state-of-the-art technology
- You oversee the core architectural design decisions and ensure that high quality software is delivered
- You retain, hire and develop a world-class team of developers, architects, data analysts and system engineers
- You establish a positive and trustful environment where people feel appreciated and are motivated to learn and grow
- You foster entrepreneurship and create an environment where people take ownership and responsibility to take our product to the next level
- You maintain technology roadmaps and continuously re-question your setup in order to improve the status quo
- When developing our technologies, you keep an eye on the entire value chain and collaborate closely with other departments and the customer to ensure lean processes
- You manage the Tech department budget by analysing and interpreting complex sets of data (including profits, losses, gross margin, operating income, revenues, sessions, conversion rate etc.)
- You manage technical third-party vendor relationships
- Degree in computer science/ engineering or equivalent qualification
- Fundamental experience in hands-on software engineering as well as expertise in the fields of cloud, IT infrastructure and in-depth knowledge of software architecture
- Proven track record in leading, mentoring, building and scaling engineering teams
- Solid understanding of and passion for agile software development
- Eagerness to improve the status quo with strong problem solving mindset
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and excellent English are a must, German is a plus
What we offer
- Be part of our agile environment, work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks) with the opportunity to join Tech Conferences
- We love diversity – Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority – Benefit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility – With us, you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you – Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27+ vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together – Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, also online
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. Your designated Talent Acquisition Manager Lascha Barbakadze is looking forward to your application!
We are Visual Meta, a successful & profitable internet company founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from our well-designed office in the middle of Berlin, we run 13 comparison shopping portals in Europe under the brands LadenZeile and ShopAlike. Together, the sites drive up to 500,000 sessions a day, list 200 million offers from thousands of online shops and help consumers save time and find the product they love.
Our vision is to become a top reference for connecting online shops and consumers by creating reach for the shops and orientation for the consumers through cutting-edge tools and technologies. We work with the professionalism of a successfully grown company, while fostering the culture of a start-up. Our office is like a micro melting pot, where inspired individuals from all over the world connect their cultures, ideas and skills. In an atmosphere that is built on appreciation – right from the start. Every one of our 219 employees plays a vital role in our success story. If you want to be part of that and actively shape the future of e-commerce, then seize the opportunity and join our team!
Your application / …
Please fill out the following …
Email * Something went wrong
Do you currently hold a working permission for Germany? (e.g. EU, Blue Card, Visa) *
If so, what kind? *
Language skills and level *
Available from *
Please upload your CV, cover letter and university certificates. Feel free to attach more information about you.
Job date: Wed, 03 Feb 2021 23:17:11 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net