Job title: DevOps Technical Lead/Product Owner, Audio
Company: Avid Technology
Job description: Job Description (Role Profile)
(Remote) DevOps Technical Lead & Product Owner, Audio Group
Avid makes technology and collaborative tools so creators can entertain, inform, educate, and enlighten the world. Our customers are the visionaries behind the most inspiring feature films, television programs, news broadcasts, televised sporting events, music recording and live concerts. To learn how Avid powers greater creators or for more information, visit .
This is a highly visible technical leadership position directly responsible for the definition, execution and success of the DevOps strategy of the Audio engineering organization, which creates software targeting an extensive range of desktop, embedded and mobile platforms. In this unique role reporting directly to the VP of Audio Engineering, you will be both a Tech Lead, by leading and mentoring a team of engineers, and a Product Owner, by managing the DevOps backlog, establishing short and long-term initiatives, and refining priorities toward continuous improvement of our process and infrastructure as informed by data monitoring and analysis, internal requests, and your own experience driving efficiency improvement of software engineering organizations through DevOps best practices.
This is a remote position based either in Poland or Spain. While we offer relocation support, having a valid work permit is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Interview stakeholders to understand the software delivery pipeline in order to identify opportunities for automation and improvement
- Communicate and evangelize Continuous Integration or CI process and culture within the Audio group, for example giving presentations and writing documentation.
- Extract efficiency / quality data from various systems including Git, GitLab, Jira to devise meaningful business metrics and measure improvement.
- Devise, plan, define and prioritize CI driven initiatives to drive efficiency and quality.
- Manage the build release cycle, communicating and coordinating branching strategies for development and release sprints, and ensuring that Release and Beta builds are available to testers and customers in a timely manner.
- Lead the development team with Git and Gitlab usage and recovery assistance questions.
- Investigate, triage and resolve GitLab CI build failures that are specific to the pipeline builds (typically C++ compilation failures, pipeline infrastructure failures, automated test failures).
- Plan new and existing product builds by communicating with stakeholders, creating associated backlog items, managing and maintaining on-site requirements for physical build machines and ordering new equipment and physical resources.
- Meet with team members located across U.S, Canada and Europe time zones to add clarity to product definition, lend technical expertise and/or mentorship as required.
- Research the latest CI/CD/DevOps processes, ideas, and technical solutions, and evaluate how they can be utilized to improve the efficiency of our software engineering process
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a relevant technical field (MSc preferred).
- Strong history of successfully driving improvement of software development processes in previous organizations.
- Possess a deep understanding of software development methodologies, lifecycle, industry best practices, architecture, tooling and infrastructure for desktop and mobile applications.
- 7+ years of experience leading distributed engineering teams in a technical capacity.
- Experience working as part of a team with members located across time zones.
- Hands-on experience with standard DevOps tools including Git/GitLab/Jenkins/Ansible/Zabbix/Prometheus/Grafana/Docker.
- Experience in cross-platform C++ desktop application development is a big plus.
- Experience using Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Excellent communication in English, both written and spoken. Polish would be a plus but is not required.
- Excellent leadership and mentorship skills, with ability to motivate and help others grow.
- Excellent time, task, and resource organization skills, ability to accurately forecast work effort, and ability to drive work to completion.
Avid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Full or Part Time
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net