Job title: Devops Engineer
Company: Rainforest Alliance
Job description: At the Rainforest Alliance, we are building an alliance to create a better future for people and nature by making responsible business the new normal. To advance our mission, we focus on amplifying our impact on the ground through systemic transformation: change across the entire supply chain, change in the relationship between people and nature, and change within our own organization. We achieve this transformation by working in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders to create a stronger Alliance. Together, we amplify the voices of farmers and forest communities, improve livelihoods, protect biodiversity, and help people adapt to climate change in bold and effective ways. We embrace transparency because we believe that the best way to build trust across our alliance is through openness about our tactics, our impact, and partners on the ground. Together, we can achieve our vision of a world where people and nature thrive in harmony.
The Platform Operations team enables other development teams through shared services, tooling, automation, and platform support. To maintain the velocity of the other teams short lead times are necessary. Meanwhile, the continued security and stability of our critical IT systems requires proactive maintenance. The Platform Ops team monitors production, troubleshoots and fixes issues, architects and maintains the underlying infrastructure and automates deployments.
Individuals in the DevOps Engineer role within Platform Ops support a range of applications and solutions to support both partners and Rainforest Alliance employees. They must be able to work well with the development and engineering teams, accurately describing incoming problems and then translating their technical answers into customer-friendly responses. DevOps engineers work with a broad range of infrastructure products, operating systems, and applications. They provide maintenance and support for moderately to highly complex products and may work on one or more projects concurrently as a team member while also performing daily tasks on the infrastructure.
- Actively leads resolution of production support issues, that could be in the process, middleware, OS and/or database.
- Is responsible for the installation of Operating Systems, middleware patches and tuning there of,
- Is responsible for configuration management of the different environments for each of the platforms;
- Is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of secure network infrastructure
- Builds deployment scripts & responsible for the deployment of releases to the different environments and ensures that it meets the customers‘ expectations;
- Implements, maintains and actively monitors the servers, virtual machines, applications and software backup. Restores and performs server and security audits;
- Develops process tooling support;
- Leads continuous improvement by analysing the bugs, incidents and stakeholder dissatisfaction to find out if these could have been prevented;
- Proactively identifies and addresses the shortcomings in the DevOps way of working , the competencies, tooling, information available, and the behaviour patterns observed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification desirable but not mandatory;
- 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience as DevOps or a similar position;
- A strong knowledge of Azure IaaS
- Able to design, deploy and maintain scalable Azure based solutions.
- Able to design, develop and maintain the infrastructure for solution on the VMware platform
- VMware Vsphere platform administration
- Able to design, deploy and maintain scalable Windows server 2012 or higher based solutions.
- Secure by design and NFR are properly ascertained
- In depth experience and knowledge of networking concepts
- in depth Active Directory and Azure AD knowledge.
- Knowledge of Data Modeling;
- Excellent analytical problem-solving skills, diagnostic skills and ability to prioritize own work.
- Well developed interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
Experienced, structured and pragmatic DevOps with a good knowledge of:
- Linux system administration, Ubuntu
- Networking, Firewall technology
- Scripting (Bash/Ansible/Python)
- Atlassian suite (Jira/Confluence/Bitbucket)
- Deployment and Monitoring (Jenkins/Artifactory/Sonar)
- At least one programming language: PHP, C# or Java;
- Programming with databases: SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL;
- Cloud computing (Vsphere/Azure/AWS)
- Webserver management for Nginx, IIS and Apache webserver
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: July 2, 2021
Only candidates authorized to work in The Netherlands will be considered.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
If you have any questions about the job vacancy, please contact the HR department:
Apply for position now
Resume / CV
iCloud files currently not available
Are you authorized to work in the Netherlands?
If you have a residence permit / working permit or working visa, until when this document is valid?
When would you be available to start a new job? (Cuando estaría disponible para comenzar a trabajar?)
What is your desired salary range? Please indicate your gross annual expectations with the currency. (Cual es su salario deseado? Por favor indique su expectativa salarial anual en moneda local)
Have you already applied to Rainforest Alliance or UTZ in the past? (Ha aplicado a alguna posición en Rainforest Alliance o UTZ con anterioridad?)
If yes, please mention for which position and when? (Si la respuesta es afirmativa, por favor mencione a que posición y cuando?)
Are you willing to travel both domestically and internationally? (ESta dispuesto a viajar nacional e internacionalmente?)
If so, what percentage and what extent? (Si la respuesta es afirmativa, por favor indique en que porcentaje de su tiempo?)
Do you have experience working in a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO)? (Cuenta con experiencia trabajando previamente en alguna ONG (Organizacion No Gubernamental)?)
Were you referred by someone from Rainforest Alliance?
Could you please mention by who?
Where did you see the job vacancy? (Donde vió la oferta o posicion?)
Rainforest Alliance website
Chronicle of Philanthropy
Conservation Job Board
Inside NGO (Humentum)
NGO Job board
Any others job or university platform, please mention the name (Alguna otra plataforma de empleos o universidad, porfavor mencione) Data Privacy Statement
Apply for position now
© Rainforest Alliance 2021. Powered by
Rainforest Alliance does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
Manage cookies Accept cookies
Choose your cookie settings
Necessary cookies These are required to enable core site functionality
Statistics cookies These allow us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 07:32:32 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net