Job title: DevOps Engineer
Company: Etraveli Group
Job description: At Etraveli Technology we pride ourselves in using the title DevOps engineer as intended, i.e. the combination of software development and IT operations in one role. We run Kubernetes deployments on-premises in 6 clusters and as a DevOps engineer you are daily managing the complexities of etcd, load balancing, availability, auto-scaling, networking, roll-back on faulty deployments, persistent storage, and more.
Together with a skilled set of IT technicians and engineers, in both Gothenburg and Athens, Greece, you’ll be part of our journey moving into the next generation platform that we’re currently developing; where Service Oriented Architecture and automation will be central in our day to day work.
Tech stack: We focus on a private cloud platform using OpenStack, but we also utilize public cloud solutions.
- Service Discovery: Consul
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes
- Linux: Ubuntu and CentOS
- Monitoring/Metrics/Logging: Grafana, Prometheus, Thanos and ELK/EFK
- Virtualization platforms: OpenStack, VMWare
- Automation/IaC: Ansible, Saltstack
- Scripting: Bash, Go and Python
- Design, create and maintain infrastructure needs for new applications and services
- Continuously monitor and improve our infrastructure so that it is easy to deploy, scalable, performant, secure and fault-tolerant
- Design and develop tools and frameworks to improve operations, automation, security, reliability, maintainability, availability and performance for the services/applications stack
- Work alongside software developers in order to troubleshoot and debug systems integration and infrastructure problems/bottlenecks
- Document and communicate your work with your team.
As a DevOps Engineer at Etraveli Group it is a requirement that you hold the knowledge that comes with running Kubernetes on-premises; etcd, controllers & operators. In addition to this, you need work experience of running Linux in a real-world production environment.
Maybe you have a Bachelor’s degree or you maybe you are self-taught? It doesn’t matter as long as your passion is in Linux, Kubernetes and Open-Source technologies!
Please note that you need a valid Swedish work permit when applying for this position. Our teams are multicultural and diverse, which we embrace, but relocation in these times has proven to be challenging.
- Experience working professionally with Kubernetes and other Cloud Native services on-premises
- Experience with Monitoring, working with virtual servers and virtual networks
- Experience with Git in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable with configuration management tools, strong grasp of automations using code and scripts and incremental code testing and deployment
Certifications like CKA (Kubernetes Administrator) is highly appreciated.
When working at Etraveli Group you will always feel that you are trusted and that you can rely on others to help you. To work together as a team and feel that you are challenged in a good way to evolve within your profession. To be able to give our best we need to have fun together!
- Office in the City – We are located on Kungsgatan in central Gothenburg, a stone’s throw from public transport and lunch restaurants.
- Conferences – We believe in personal development and continuous education. We continuously organize internal trainings and workshops so that we can learn from each other.
- Healthcare allowance – Each employee receives a maximum allowable amount each year according to the Swedish Tax Agency to spend on health-promoting activities such as a gym card, massage etc.
- Pension and health insurance – Through partners we offer a comprehensive pension and health insurance so that you can get help quickly in case of an accident.
- Hackaton and Dev week – We believe in fostering creativity and testing new things. Therefore, we have recurring Hackaton and Dev weeks where the teams decide what they want to work on.
In addition to this we serve you breakfast every morning. Welcome to Etraveli Group!
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net