Job title: Deployment Engineer – Salesforce
Company: Veeva Systems
Job description: At Veeva, we build enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Our Deployment Engineering team in Budapest is a specialized capability within Veeva. We are building, developing, and managing processes and tools that are part of a complete end to end DevOps solution, to handle the complexity of Veeva CRM built on the Salesforce Platform.
Our solutions must ensure that all teams involved in different sizes of projects have the possibility to work quickly and efficiently in line with the agile methodology. Projects range in size from our SMB clients through to global, enterprise projects with our largest customers.
As a Deployment Engineer, you will join a team of strategic thinkers with a passion for helping our customers in the Life Sciences industry innovate on the way they work. This is a technical position; you will work closely with various internal teams on technical related project management tasks.
You will initially cover technical deployment responsibilities on the platform (Veeva CRM). From there, you will help shape our strategy, methodology, DevOps approach and the build of in-house tools for Veeva’s more recently released cloud platforms, such as Vault Development Cloud.
Qualified candidates will be located in Budapest, Hungary. There are options for working from home and from our Budapest office, with some on-site consulting activities expected (once travel restrictions are lifted). All EU nationalities or EU work permit holders are welcome to join our multi-cultural team.
If this sounds like you, we would love to consider you for the role of Deployment Engineer or Senior Deployment Engineer (seniority will depend on your level of experience) on our team.
What You’ll Do
- Provide release management, technical cutover, environment management and infrastructure automation services
- Manage meta-data and setup data deployment activities for Customer’s internal Releases Cycles
- Analysis and deployment of new product features
- Setup and manage our internal Continuous Integration servers on AWS
- Maintenance and creation of Production, QA and Developer environments
- Creation of migration packages for meta-data deployments
- Provide expert input into setting up new customer’s environment management strategy
- Contribute into internal development projects to implement new, innovative deployment tools that increase quality, efficiency, and speed of deployments
- Occasional knowledge transfer and ad-hoc training of customer employees
- 3+ years of professional experience
- Understanding relational databases (SQL), Agile methodology, Version Control, API principles, Continuous Integration, XML and package automation
- Able to work on complex projects involving different teams, occasionally in customer facing roles
- Understanding development lifecycle (from Requirement Definition to Maintenance)
- Creative handling of errors previously not seen
- Attention to details and accurate in execution
- Comfortable in working with methodological procedures
- Fluent in English
Nice to Have
- Veeva CRM,
or any other cloud platform knowledge * Eclipse knowledge
- Apache Ant, Jenkins, AWS, Azure, Selenium, Gitlab
- Trello, Smartsheet
- Programming or Code Reviewing skills (Java, HTML, Apex, Rest API etc.)
- Project management experience
- Additional European language(s)
Perks & Benefits
- Private medical insurance
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
- Veeva charitable giving program
- Free lunch on Tuesdays
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Job date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 01:58:55 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net