Job title: Data Engineer (f,m,d)
Job description: About Cazoo:
Our mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Our aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven and intelligent data engineer to join the Cazoo team in our EU headquarters in Munich, Germany and the wider data team across London and Lisbon.
We are a data driven tech organisation embracing the world of event driven and serverless solutions, cross cloud provider data lakes and data warehouses and value adding data solutions. The data engineering team is a vital to that mission – you will play a key part in helping us to be true to this mission
What you’ll be doing:
As a data engineer, you will work on and contribute to the development of our data platform. This consists of our data lake, data warehouse, pipelines and ML ops framework, or actively developing our data products to give Cazoo that data edge.
You will work closely with data analysts, data scientists and the data product manager to understand the internal team and business needs and implement those optimal data driven solutions that we all strive for. You will focus on implementation with automation in mind, delivering scalable solutions that perform and deliver business value both short and long term, irrespective of data size and being as close to real time as possible.
We expect you to play an active role within a close knit, collaborative data team that helps each other out when needed, and we would like for you to play a role in introducing new ideas and approaches to the problems we need to solve. All with a constant drive to improve efficiency and deliver high quality data solutions.
Key skills and experience required:
We are looking for data engineers to join the data team who are enthusiastic, have an appetite for learning and self-development and can be an effective part of a team that delivers our data strategy
- You have experience in modern software development practices such as version control (e.g. Github), CI/CD development, infrastructure as code (preferably Terraform) and embrace a TDD approach where applicable
- You have a background of developing data driven solutions at a reasonable scale using Python, that result in well tested and robust (ideally serverless) applications
- You have developed in at least one of the main commercial cloud providers, with a preference for Amazon Web Servers and / or Google Cloud Platform
- You are proficient in SQL and understand how a document data store differs from a column data store and when to use which type of data store.
- You have a desire to do things the right way, yet remain flexible with a degree of pragmatism when needed.
- You possess a positive, can do attitude and do not shy away from a challenge.
- Any exposure to data science or machine learning projects or frameworks is rated.
Next steps and how to apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your CV and complete our technical test. The technical test is designed to get a sense of your skills and knowledge in 6 key areas (though we do not expect people to be an expert in all 6):
- Database concepts
- Programming and software engineering concepts
- Source control
The test is something we can use as a guide to help us better inform your application, not as a way to rank potential candidates overall quality and suitability for the role.
You will probably want the following things set up before starting the test:
- Pen and Paper
- A Calculator
- Python IDE
The test is multiple choice made up of 40 questions. You will be timed and will have a max of 1 hour to complete it. Please click to begin.
We know that diverse teams make better teams, we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
** Candidates must have the right to work in Germany, or a valid work permit.
Location: München, Bayern
Job date: Sun, 21 Nov 2021 05:56:56 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net