Job title: Data engineer – Algolia AI
Job description: At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Algolia is looking for a Data Engineer to join the AI team. You will be responsible for building and maintaining multiple services ranging from our Analytics platform to AI driven services enhancing the Search results of our engine.
No two problems are the same because our systems keep evolving and scaling. We expect you to be a resilient problem solver who isn’t afraid to think outside of the box. You will take ownership of complete projects and execute them.
The team is composed of engineers with different backgrounds and experience both in the industry and academia. The diversity works in our favor and you should increase it by bringing your experience, your knowledge and your point of view. Thinking differently is a plus, not a minus. We’re transparent with each other and to other teams both about our success and our failures. This way we learn, we accept our weaknesses and continuously strive to improve both personally and professionally.
YOUR RLE WILL CONSIST OF:
- Develop, maintain and monitor the systems for our AI products offering.
- Evaluate performance of current and future systems, both software and hardware.
- Participate in the design of new systems.
- Work with other teams to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve high impact issues.
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF HAVE:
- Experience working with large scale datasets.
- Design and operation of robust pipelines.
- Experience designing data intensive applications leveraging relational (e.g. postrgeSQL) or NoSQL (e.g. Bigtable) databases.
- Working knowledge of
in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices. * Proven experience in a very fast-paced and continuously changing environment.
- Ability to make autonomous decisions and taking ownership for them.
- EU work permit.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required.
- Experience at our current stage and beyond ($50-200M ARR range, high growth, lots of change and building internal infrastructure).
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience in Go
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with Bigtable & BigQuery
- Competitive pay and equity.
- Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences.
- Ongoing professional education opportunities through internal & external workshops, including public speaking, language learning (English/French).
- Fun: we spend time together – team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
- Charitable contribution matching.
- Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we’ll donate to your charity of choice.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net