Job title: Data Analyst – Marketplace
Job description: trivago is a global hotel search platform. We are focused on reshaping the way travellers search for and compare hotels.
trivago is currently working on the restart of the travel industry after the global COVID-19 pandemic and we see this as an opportunity to improve our core product and diversify our revenues by adding new revenue streams.
The Marketplace team develops different types of auctions and is responsible for the commercialization of our products. Advertisers compete in these auctions for exposure in trivago’s website (and mobile apps) by submitting attractive property rates and competitive bids. As a Data Analyst in Marketplace you will be responsible for leveraging this data, so that we can monitor the dynamics in our Marketplace, support decisions on how to continuously improve it, and help advertisers optimize their marketing campaigns on our platform.
Get an inside look at data science at trivago:
What you’ll do:
- Perform analyses of our datasets that generate insights used by management to make strategic decisions.
- Proactively communicate and share insights obtained from Marketplace data.
- Create and maintain dashboards used to monitor relevant Marketplace KPIs.
- Create and maintain an automated alerting systems that will enable us to quickly react to any Marketplace development.
What you’ll definitely need:
- At least 2 years hands-on experience in a Analytics related field.
- An exceptional understanding of data analysis and statistics and experience working with both in either an academic or professional context.
- Proficiency programming in either Python or R and relevant data manipulation packages in these languages (e.g. pandas, data.table, ggplot)
- Experience working with SQL.
- A strong belief that high quality Analytics work can only be achieved by understanding the fundamentals, being meticulous, and paying attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), confidence in presenting ideas and findings to stakeholders, and ability to do so at the right level of detail.
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience working with big data, in particular Spark, Hive or Impala.
- Experience developing dashboards and producing data visualizations.
- Experience developing code in teams with version control (git).
What you can expect from life at trivago:
- Entrepreneurship: The freedom to take ownership of your work and drive initiatives independently. It’s the idea that counts, not the position.
- Growth: Support for your development, constant new opportunities, regular peer feedback, mentorship and training.
- International workforce: Collaboration with international talents from 80+ nations bringing different perspectives, backgrounds and expertise together to ensure a truly global focus.
- Flexibility: Self-determined working hours and the opportunity to split your time between home and our
in Düsseldorf: 2 days on campus and 3 days at home per week. * Relocation and integration: Support with relocation costs, work permit and visa questions, insurance and free language classes.
- Equal opportunity: Commitment to creating an all-inclusive workplace, because we know representing the diversity of our users in our talent base enables us to create a more meaningful product.
- To find out more about life at trivago follow us on @lifeattrivago on
, and . * To learn more about tech at trivago, check out our
, follow on Twitter and sign up to our . * Want to learn more about trivago’s business model to prepare for your interview? Find out more about
A note regarding COVID-19:
We understand that there is a lot of uncertainty around the future of the travel industry. If you want more insight into our current strategy and outlook, follow our .
Our recruiting team will be on hand every step of the way, but if you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to reach out to us at .
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net