Job title: Data Acquisition Software Engineer
Company: Baker Hughes
Job description: The data acquisition software engineer will work on the development and maintenance of the proprietary software platform used to collect, record, monitor and process experimental data from tests on turbomachinery prototypes. She/he will be responsible for the design and development of software applications and the integration with new data acquisition systems ensuring data synchronization. She/he will reshape existing software architecture and database in order to integrate new systems (including web-based solutions) optimize the software platform performances.
The person hired will be responsible for the following tasks / activities:
- Design and develop software solutions (Labview language)
- Design and improve current software architecture to managing large data set of relational and no relational database.
- Support maintenance of the overall Innovation Engineering digital infrastructure.
- Develop collaboration with other partners to align and extend current software solutions boosting synergies.
- Design best practices for contemporary web applications.
- Incorporate industry standards to maximize the use of new technologies.
- Work with application owners, technical staff, and project team members to define common methodologies and standards for data flows, data maps, data usage and data governance.
- Master’s degree in engineering/Physics;
- Demonstrated experience in Labview programming;
- Experience in defining architecture and design software solutions to support the business’s strategy;
- Knowledge in architecting, coding and scaling large and complex applications;
- Experience on relational database including Oracle and SQL Server;
- Ability to understand, manage and navigate large data sets.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency. Ability to work in dynamic environments.
- Problem solving attitudes.
- English fluency.
- EU work permit.
- Experience in experimental activities.
- Competences in signal analysis/processing
- Familiarity with electrical devices and measure/control loops applied to energy management environment
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Initiative and dynamism
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Sound programming skills in Matlab and Pyton.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job date: Wed, 24 Nov 2021 23:48:49 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net