Job title: Cost Engineer
Company: Baker Hughes
Job description: Cost Engineer
Do you have passion, dedication and a never-ending desire to innovate, learn, improve and contribute?
Do you enjoy taking the initiative for the development of new procedures and processes?
Join our Innovative Cost Engineering Team!
Our Turbomachinery & Process Solutions team provides industry-leading products and services that optimize the extraction, production and processing of energy. We help a diverse range of customers across the value chain to reduce operating costs and improve productivity. We pride ourselves on being an innovative technology company that nurtures an environment of teamwork and inclusion.
Partner with the best
As a Lead Cost Engineer you will play a key role in the development of our product cost roadmap within our Gas and Steam Turbine Technology. Collaborating with Engineering and Supply Chain to drive consistency and perfection in the delivery of Value Management Techniques for the entire Product Lifecycle.
As a Cost Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Developing benchmarking techniques and critical analysis to challenge and drive the best value proposition
- Collaborating closely with platforms, standards and productivity teams to secure the product cost control
- Developing parametric cost-performance functions to optimize turbine architecture from conceptual phase
- Taking initiative for the development of new procedures, re-design and cost out activities to improve year-over-year the value of the product
- Guiding design teams and supply chain to develop a multi-disciplinary product cost awareness
- Define product cost entitlement (Should Cost) and tune cost models to current supply chain capabilities (does cost) to support cost-based negotiation/frame agreement
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a degree in a mechanical engineering related subject
- Have an in-depth understanding of complex component and system design with principles from a ‚flow production‘ perspective
- Demonstrate extensive experience in engineering, executing technical tasks and facing internal and external customers
- Be conversant with various estimation tools, database methods, benchmarking techniques, etc.
- Have good communication skills across multiple levels and disciplines
- Demonstrate Initiative, energy and dynamism in your approach
- Have good team coordination and collaborative skills
- Be fluent in English & Italian
- Have a current and up to date EU Work Permit
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 23:53:23 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net