Job title: Contract Administration (F/H)
Job description: ITER is a unique, first of a kind project that aims to demonstrate the technical and scientific feasibility of fusion energy. Jacobs one of three partners making up the Consortium MOMENTUM (construction management-as-agent contractor) is project managing the construction and assembly of more than one million components in world’s largest fusion reactor. As construction management-as-agent contractor, MOMENTUM is managing the construction and assembly of the first full-scale test reactor to include balance of plant and the Tokomak itself. Join us and play a part in the international effort to make fusion a viable source of almost limitless, carbon-free energy.
Jacobs is recruiting for a Contract Administrator with 7 to 14 years of experience to work on the ITER Project near Aix-en-Provence, France.
He/She will be responsible for:
- Take direction and instruction from the Principal Contracts Manager and should mainly act in autonomy in the administration of the Contract he is in charge
- Decides and acts according to his FIDIC Engineer sub-delegation
- Responsible for ensuring that the contract is administered in line with the contract agreement
- Responsible for ensuring that the field teams are informed of the contractual arrangements with suppliers
- Acts as a first point of contact with field teams and contractors regarding day to day issues relating to the contract
- Administrate the Contracts he is in charge, by preparing contractual answers and instructions, in due time, records minutes of contract meetings and coordinates review papers
- Involve in the preparation of tender documentation and in the selection of works contractors
- Provide inputs for the monthly report & KPI’s
- Prepare Tender assessment Report
- Follow up the compliance with contract requirements
- Support the Resident Engineer in the administration of works contracts and provide recommendation for decision in consistency with Contract Conditions
- Second the Principal Contract Manager when required
Please note the job offer would be based on a local French contract – this would not be an expatriate assignment.
To non-European candidates, please note you will have to manage your work-permit procedure.
- Experience of working with MS Office tools, specifically Excel
- Primavera capacities
- Superior ability in both numeracy and literacy
- Experience of working in major construction projects
- Ability to work in pressurised environments
- Sound understanding of contractual processes
- Commercial / FInance / Business related degree
- Prior commercial experience
- Disciplined and self-motivated with superior organisational skills
- Strong English and French skills, written and verbal
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net