Job title: Construction Planning/Permitting Strategy Programme Manager
Company: Amazon GmbH
Job description: Description
Construction Planning /Permitting Strategy Programme Manager
We are Amazon’s EU Design & Construction team, and we are responsible for the construction of Amazon’s large network of European building infrastructure such as Sortation Centres and Cross Dock buildings. we also have an extensive programme of refurbishments of existing infrastructure. We want to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, and our team lives up to this promise to our internal customers.
We are a team of top talented international individuals in a great thriving environment, where we highly value and appreciate individual approaches. We are fast, fun, and we live up to the attitude of “Every Day Is Day 1.”
We require an experienced Construction Planning/Permitting Manager to support us with the growth of our European network. The candidate would ideally require to have extensive experience in construction and operational permit preparation, obtainment and enforcement management, managing or accompanying a multitude of international EU projects on a program level.
- You will assume a centralized function and will support, review and standardize permitting documents, follow ups and changes for new and retrofit sites
- You push to improve and coach project architect teams who are creating permit documentation, and ensure permits are fit for operational requirements.
- You will be our Subject Matter Expert for Building Permits and licenses, and the link between the Construction team, which manage ongoing projects on the ground and the Preconstruction team which are setting these projects up.
- Understand the permitting and licensing process in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, UK, and develop strategies to standardize and improve
- Collect and sync feedback from developers, contractors and consultants, and internal stakeholders
- Assist Preconstruction and Construction Managers during design reviews, GC procurement, value engineering, tender reviews
- You will be located in one of our EU offices of the EU Engineering Services team, who are delivering all parts of our buildings, including mechanical handling and Amazon Robotics equipment.
Do you like travelling? Do you want to discover new countries, regions, cultures and diverse environments? The role will be based in Luxembourg and will include frequent travel to all various locations within the EU, up to 30% of the time
- You are an Architect, a Civil or Structural or Construction Engineer, or a professional having managed permitting and design processes for construction projects.
- You have a track record in permitting and design management, ideally for larger construction programs. You have strong construction design and project management capabilities, good interpersonal skills and a think out of box attitude.
- University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Architecture, or Civil Engineering, or Construction Management, or science/technology.
- Extensive construction design and permitting management or creation experience, ideally in international environments
- Good working knowledge using MS Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project and related software
- Professional fluency in English required
- The role will include frequent short term travel to many locations throughout EU.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Working and software-architectural knowledge in BIM and / or 3D modelling tools, Revit, Navisworks and related
- Work experience within field execution, i.e. with General Contractors
- Proven experience in development and implementation of logistics, industrial or residential projects
- Project management skills tracking and accompanying multiple projects
- Experience in fire, evacuation and smoke strategies and their impact on permitting and building design
- Strong leadership experience in medium or large construction program management
- Broad experience in design exchange and information management platforms used in construction industry
- Speaking of other EU languages, + German a bonus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net