Job title: Computational Chemist (f/m/d)
Company: ProteiQ Biosciences GmbH
Job description: who is driven to build an outstanding biotech venture with the help of a strong technical & entrepreneurial team, and secured funding.
As a computational chemist, you will be responsible for investigating protein-related supramolecular forces with special interest on protein-ligand interactions. As part of a multidisciplinary team, your work will contribute to the development of novel nanocomposite materials for proteomic applications.
You will have a significant impact, developing the company to the next stage through your work, scientific experience and industry expertise.
As Computational Chemist at ProteiQ your tasks will be to:
- Research and model protein interaction with functionalized nanoparticles
- Research and model protein interactions with small molecules and other proteins, quantitative support of the development of chemical proteomics protocols (e.g. TPP)
- Develop machine learning models for prediction of interactions of proteins with functionalized nanoparticles, compounds based on known protein 3D structure
- Design experiments, and quantitative analysis of experimental data to improve the in silico modelling, with new feature engineering and / or DeepML approaches.
- You hold a PhD in biochemistry, biotechnology, chemical engineering, computational biology, chemistry, physics with strong quantitative / computational focus
- You have application-based experience with MD simulations, statistical thermodynamics as well as with molecular modelling of proteins, surfactants, polymers
- You already gained experience with machine learning libraries (e.g. PyTorch, Scikit, NumPy) as well as with programming (Python or R) and ideally with docking algorithms and software packages (e. g. AutoDock, AutoDock Vina, Glide, GOLD) and AlphaFold
- You are fluent in the English language and full-fill prerequisites to obtain a work permit for Germany if required
Interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application via the online-portal.
Location: Potsdam, Brandenburg
Job date: Sat, 06 Nov 2021 23:47:16 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net