Job title: Completion Leader (F/H)
Job description: ITER is a unique, first of a kind project that aims to demonstrate the technical and scientific feasibility of fusion energy. Jacobs one of three partners making up the Consortium MOMENTUM (construction management-as-agent contractor) is project managing the construction and assembly of more than one million components in world’s largest fusion reactor. As construction management-as-agent contractor, MOMENTUM is managing the construction and assembly of the first full-scale test reactor to include balance of plant and the Tokomak itself. Join us and play a part in the international effort to make fusion a viable source of almost limitless, carbon-free energy.
Jacobs is recruiting a Completion Leader with at least 15 years of experience to work on the ITER Project near Aix-en-Provence, France.
He/She will be responsible for:
- Takes direction from and interacts directly with the CMA Construction Director
- Responsible for maintaining efficient completion process and improving procedures, databases and tools as necessary
- Accountable for the preparation, monitoring and closure of Mechanical Completion activities for all the items associated with the Tokamak machine, as well as nuclear and non-nuclear buildings
- Supporting the Project Delivery Teams for the closure of Mechanical Completions activities and turnover to Commissioning team
- Lead an organisation which will be directly responsible for the daily workings of multiple contractors in a complex and confined work environment.
- Maintain a strong commitment to the implementation and perpetuation of the ITER safety program, values and ethics
- Form strong relationships with client representatives
- Focus on delivery, value for money and value creation activities
#HandiFriendly #ChallengingToday #ReinventingTomorrow
Please note the job offer would be based on a local French contract – this would not be an expatriate assignment
To non-European candidates, please note you will have to manage your work-permit procedure
- Field experience of International Commissioning for the delivery and testing of construction materials, equipments and systems in a large-scale project environment
- Management of at-risk work Leadership of a multinational joint venture(s) and cognizance of different cultural requirements and behaviors
- Experience in the transition & transformation of an organization achieved through collaborative engagement with key stakeholders
- Provision of services of engineering and design in a highly regulated environment, preferably nuclear
- More than 10 years of major international construction and commissioning experience
- Fluent in English, with additional French preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to provide creative solutions to complex problems
- Ability to provide clear and concise direction
- Organized and structured
- High sense of responsibility
- Ability to solve complex technical issues with many stakeholder’s
- Strong negotiation skills High technical knowledge of system engineering in a highly regulated environment, preferably nuclear with safety requirements
- Multiculturally aware
- Capability to understand and fulfil customer needs (that may be expressed either formally or informally) and achieve full client satisfaction
- Strong sense of situational awareness
- Performance driven
- Clear ability to lead
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net