Job title: Commis Chef
Company: Soho House
Job description: Commis Chef – Soho House Amsterdam
Located in the Bungehuis on Spuistraat, Soho House Amsterdam is a private members club with 79 bedrooms, a rooftop pool, a gym, a cinema and events spaces. On the ground floor is Cowshed Spa and our Italian restaurant, Cecconi’s Amsterdam.
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members‘ clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia with new openings planned globally.
At Soho House connection, creativity and conversation are at the heart of everything we do, which we believe that our venues are only as good as the people who work in them.
Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
The Role …
We are currently looking for passionate Commis Chef to support our kitchen team. As part of our Soho House team your role is to make sure that our members have an amazing experience every time. Possessing natural hospitality charm, we will give you a platform to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
- Preparing, cooking and delivering dishes according to company standards and recipes.
- Working quickly and efficiently to deliver food in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring the correct set up, handover and breakdown of your section, your shift and the kitchen.
- Keeping your section clean and tidy.
- Attend company trainings.
- Comply with company, HACCP and other legislative regulations.
- Gained experience in a similar position
- Must have a passion for food and guest satisfaction
- You have to be reliable, flexible, friendly and happy to be a key part of the team that strives for success
- Good in English communication skills
Only people who are eligible to work in The Netherlands or have a valid Dutch work permit/visa will be considered for the above position.
Oppurtunities for all..
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
- Meals on shift
- Travel allowance
- In House Experience
- Subsidised gym memberships and health insurance
- Partnerships with different suppliers in the city of Amsterdam
- Discounts at Soho House globally, as well as Soho Home and Cowshed
- Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. Which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings.
- Our team events, from fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net