Job title: Chief Accountant
Company: Kempinski Hotels
Job description: Chief Accountant
The overall scope of this role is to supervise the accounting staff and to assist the Director of Finance in all areas.
Kempinski Hotel Bahía, Estepona
Nestled in Estepona – Marbella, Spain, Kempinski Hotel Bahía, which celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2019, is a breathtaking luxury frontline beach resort with 145 rooms (including 17 suites) overlooking the Mediterranean Sea and hotel. With subtropical gardens and outdoor pools the hotel also features a Meeting and Events Centre, trendy culinary concepts under the umbrella of El Paseo del Mar and an exclusive Kempinski Spa.
- Responsible for supervising and guiding the accounting staff. Distribute tasks as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring that daily accounting tasks are accurate and on time.
- Responsible in assisting during the month-end closing preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for assisting other managers with arising queries as well as providing them with reports needed for the operation.
- Responsible for assisting with forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for hiring, motivating, counseling, coaching, evaluating, sheduling, etc. of the Accounting staff.
- Responsible for performing any additional duties assigned by the director of finance and assisting in other areas of Finance as needed.
- Responsible for communicating with the assistant controller on any discrepancies or other potential problems.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Daily accounting tasks are performed and reports are distributed on time.
- Accounting staff is motivated and fully trained in all their duties and responsibilities.
- Queries from other departments are answered accurately and in a timely manner.
- Accounting staff are managed efficiently.
- The candidate must have a valid work permit valid for Spain or be part of the European community.
- 2+ years in the position of Chief Acountant in hotel industry, preferably with a 5* Resort Hotel.
- BA/BSc in Finance / Accounting or similar Expertise / Knowledge of Spanish accounting and lax law.
Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- Spanish – excellent oral and written skills.
- English – excellent oral and written skills.
- Additional language – beneficial.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure and / or challenging circunstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Leadership skills.
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to „think outside of the box“.
- Revenue and target focus.
- Discipline and consistency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
Computer literacy adapted to the field of training:
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowePoint, Word) scanning and digital equipment knowledge.
- Micros Fidelio Opera.
- Experience in reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
To fill this position the candidate must identify with the Kempinski core values, in addition they should be especially:
- People Oriented.
- Strong oral and written communicaton skills.
- Positive attitudde.
- Listening skills.
- Passionate for European luxury.
- Business Acumen.
- Sense of responsibility.
- Team player.
- Analytical thinker.
- Flexible and reliable.
- Tolerant and open minded.
- Stress management.
- Role model behavior.
Created in 1897, Kempinski Hotels is Europe’s oldest luxury hotel group. Kempinski’s rich heritage of impeccable personal service and superb hospitality is complemented by the exclusivity and individuality of its properties. Kempinski now comprises a portfolio of 78 five-star hotels and residences in 34 countries and continues to add new properties in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and the Americas. Each one reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand without losing sight of its heritage. The portfolio comprises historic landmark properties, award-winning urban lifestyle hotels, outstanding resorts, and prestigious residences. Each one imbues the quality guests have come to expect from Kempinski while embracing the cultural traditions of its location. Kempinski is a founding member of the Global Hotel Alliance (GHA), the world’s largest alliance of independent hotel brands.
Location: Estepona, Málaga
Job date: Fri, 06 Aug 2021 05:35:35 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net