Job title: Category Development Manager
Company: Kraft Heinz
Job description: About Us
The Kraft Heinz Company is one of the largest food and beverage companies in the world, with eight $1 billion+ brands and global sales of approximately $25 billion. We’re a globally trusted producer of high-quality, great-tasting, and nutritious foods for over 150 years. Our brands are truly global, with products produced and marketed in over 40 countries. These beloved products include condiments and sauces, cheese and dairy, meals, meats, refreshment beverages, coffee, infant and nutrition products, and numerous other grocery products in a portfolio of more than 200 legacy and emerging brands.
We spark joy around mealtime with our iconic brands, including Heinz, Kraft, Bull’s-Eye, HP, Lea and Perrins, Quero, ABC, Master, Banquete, Plasmon, Orlando, Benedicta, Honig, Pudliszki, Wattie’s among others.
No matter the brand, we’re united under one vision: To sustainably grow by delighting more consumers globally. Bringing this vision to life is our team of 39,000+ food lovers, creative thinkers, and high performers worldwide. Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership with Rise Against Hunger. We also stand committed to responsible, sustainable practices that extend to every facet of our business, our consumers, and our communities. Every day, we’re transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you share our passion – and are ready to create the future, build a legacy, and lead as a global citizen – there’s only one thing to do: join our table and let’s make life delicious!
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy & Collaboration
We’re not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. We empower our people at every level – from entry-level intern to senior leader – to own their work. We share a responsibility to think like Owners – to be mindful of the collective and sustained success of Kraft Heinz – which we apply to every situation, every day. As part of Kraft Heinz, you’re supported to grow and achieve. You’re expected to bring your authentic self to work every day, to lead with humility, and drive outstanding performance at every level – and you’ll be rewarded. You’re given opportunities to leave a mark and build a legacy. But you won’t do it alone. You’re supported by passionate teammates along the way, and our collective, collaborative spirit fuels our incredible progress.
Category Development Manager
We have an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Category Development Manager to make a difference at Kraft Heinz. The Category Development Manager lies within the Italian Business. You’ll be working in a high performing team, alongside peers always trying to reach the next level. You’ll be reporting into the Category Lead Infant Food Italy. Get ready for a lot of exposure to internal senior stakeholders. You will be the one responsible for the 6P´s Strategy of the Category – Proposition, Product, Pack, Price, Promotion and Place. We are looking for a talented person with extensive experience in understanding consumer needs and the retail environment. You must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles, and with the goal is to increase sales and profitability of business to drive sustainable growth.
In brief, you will be responsible for;
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories;
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility;
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category;
- Definition of the commercial plan for the infant food category: setting the target in terms of turnover and profit, and the commercial actions to achieving them (distribution plan, promotions, events, innovation plan);
- Commercially skilled on managing various P&L levers;
- Responsibility for all components of the product mix: design, pack, price, promo;
- Lead category management and sales team to joined up strategy and delivery;
- Identification of extra business opportunities in order to increase efficiency and profitability;
- Build relationship with Kraft Heinz business units across the world to share & take learnings, driving efficiencies when possible.
- Please kindly note that you need to have an EU Working Permit (Orientation Year Visa not included) in order to proceed for this position.
- College Degree or Master’s Degree, preferably from a Business School
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a FMCG
- Ownership attitude, push to learn through new challenges and capability to drive results and lead independently of age/role
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Excellent Excel and Presentation (PowerPoint) Skills
- Communication Skills
- At Kraft Heinz you’ll easily be exposed to senior management, no matter your level. Therefore, it’s important you have excellent communication skills, to deal with all kinds of different stakeholders.
- Commercial Sense
- You don’t only want to win; you hate to lose. You’re always seeking for opportunities to expand your business and create more savings, while over delivering your targets.
- We’re a very data driven company. You know how to translate complex data into a simple solution with your analytical mindset.
- Team player
- Achieving results is nice, but achieving results with the team is simply the best. You’re a team player, which means you’re sometimes a leader, sometimes a follower but always working towards the same common goal together with your teammates.
What we offer you
- An ambitious employer; we only want the best for you;
- A fast career track like only few other companies can match;
- A competitive salary and excellent bonus structure (above market);
- Permanent contract; for we believe in doing big bets on people;
- Always room for new ideas; if you have an excellent idea, please let us know and we can set it in action!
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net