Job title: Bartender
Company: Andaz Amsterdam, Prinsengracht
Job description: Description:
Let’s stir things up a little!
Andaz means “personal style” in Hindi, and summarizes what we stand for; guests and colleagues can truly be how they want to be in Andaz Amsterdam. Our team is stimulating and surprising our guests with personalized attention and revolutionary craft cocktails and locally sourced spirits, beers and non-alcoholic drinks. The Bar has a buzzing yet intimate atmosphere, with sumptuous sofas; and a barrier free and interactive bar counter. Overlooking the prime location of Prinsengracht canal, the Bar is ideally situated not only for our hotel guests but also to welcome our local clientele.
Do you feel your creative juices flowing?!
Because we are looking for a Bartender!
- Not just any bartender; you are a Bluespoon Bartender;
- Someone that loves a little show and cares about the presentation of our drinks;
- By adding some personal flavor and touch, you don’t back away from casual and genuine conversations with our guests from near and far;
- A natural host, who is not afraid to approach our guests and give the best recommendations.
What does the ROLE entail?
- Surprising and delighting our guests
- Creating inspiring, immersive and unscripted experiences and guest interactions
- Taking orders from guests, upselling wherever possible;
- Preparing and serving beverages to guests, per standards of performance and service sequence;
- Handling all inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure resolution;
- Being familiar with all food and beverage items available in all hotel venues;
- Delivering an environment that entails immaculate hygiene as per HACCP standards
- Preparing the bar for operation, including mise-en-place, setting tables, light cleaning, etc;
- Closing the bar; operationally, activity logbook as well as financial reporting
- Following standard recipes and minimizing waste, ensuring beverage cost is in line with budget;
- Being flexible in meeting special requests for specific preparation methods and ingredients;
- Ordering beverage ingredients based on outlet par stocks and as prescribed by the Bar Manager;
- Ensuring all sales are properly recorded, following ordering, voiding, and correcting procedures;
- Assisting in inventory-taking as required, and resolving any discrepancy in beverage inventory;
What WE bring to the table:
- Be part of an ambitious and highly skilled bar team
- A great place to work in the beautiful city center of Amsterdam, right by the canals;
- Opportunity and guidance to participate in cocktail competitions
- 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year
- A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two.
- Work perks: training opportunities, career planning, discounts all over the world, social activities;
- An entry to the World of Hyatt, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
- International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
YOUR recipe to success:
- You have solid experience working in the Beverage industry, ideally within high-end environments;
- Extensive knowledge of spirits, cocktails and wines, as well as great barista skills;
- Willingness to learn
- Creativity, enthusiasm, motivation, and a hands-on mentality;
- A love for Amsterdam and an international state of mind;
- Great language and communication skills in English and, preferably, in Dutch;
- Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
Does the above describe you, the way you love to work and the people you want to work with?
If the answer is YES, then please send us your CV and all the reasons why WE are what YOU are looking for.
Location: Amsterdam, Noord-Holland
Job date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 04:57:23 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net