Job title: Bar Manager
Company: Soho House
Job description: Bar Manager – Soho House Amsterdam
Full time. Development opportunities.
Located in the Bungehuis on Spuistraat, Soho House Amsterdam is a private members club with 79 bedrooms, a rooftop pool, a gym, a cinema and events spaces. On the ground floor is Cowshed Spa and our Italian restaurant.
Who we are…
Soho House & Co is a collection of members‘ clubs, restaurants, hotels and cinemas, catering to those in the creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia with new openings planned globally.
At Soho House Amsterdam, connection, creativity and conversation are at the heart of everything we do, which we believe that our venues are only as good as the people who work in them.
Whether it’s a private members’ club, hotel, restaurant, spa or gym each of our sites has its own style and atmosphere. We aim to make sure that all our guests and members have a great time and we firmly believe it’s our people who make that happen.
We are currently looking for a Bar Manager to be in charge of all our different bars throughout the building, including Cecconi’s, the Club and Rooftop Bar.
- Manage all bars in the house.
- Manage and train the bar team.
- Manage the day-to-day bar operations including staff management and quality assurance.
- Manage all aspects of costs and budgets to ensure profitability.
- Offer support and mentoring in evolving customer and member service and problem resolution.
- Updating the drinks menu tailored to the local market demands.
- Working closely together with the Assistant General Manager.
- Ensuring compliance with HACCP regulations throughout all operations.
- Administering stock control, budget control, ordering and purchasing, storage, uniform distribution, breakage control
- Gained at least 2 years working experience in a similar position including managerial responsibility.
- Have the ability to lead and develop a large team in a busy operation.
- Passion for bartending and creativity to develop new cocktail recipes.
- Have time management, organisation and admin skills.
- Fluent in English communication skills, Fluent in Dutch communication skills is a bonus.
- Completed an additional certification in the professional field of bartending.
Only people who are eligible to work in The Netherlands or have a valid Dutch work permit/visa will be considered for the above position.
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- One of the most competitive salaries within the hospitality industry
- Career growth and personal development opportunities, with an opportunity to travel abroad with us
- Meal on shift
- Travel allowance
- Our food and drinks network, Cookhouse & House Tonic. Which offers a monthly calendar of interactive trainings.
- Our team events, from fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- In House Experience
- Subsidised gym memberships, health insurance and pension
- Partnerships with different suppliers in the city of Amsterdam
- F&B, rooms, Cowshed and great other discounts
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net