Job title: Backend Engineer (f/m/d)
Company: Banxware GmbH
Job description: About Banxware
At Banxware we bring lending solutions for merchants and small businesses where they belong: fully digital and embedded in digital platforms. We ensure small businesses can thrive in a digital world. Digital payments and platform economies are combined with access to banking and lending partners. Our white-label software solution is an end-to-end application that covers the whole lending lifecycle.
We are looking for passionate and experienced Backend Engineers (f/m/d) to join our engineering team.
- Be part of a highly motivated, product focused and customer obsessed team.
- Build scalable APIs and reliable 3rd party integrations with our financial partners.
- Fully own your product, from system design to infra operations.
- Work side by side with the CTO in a tightknit, agile, inclusive team.
- Engage in the team’s problem space and actively participate in the shaping of the technical and architectural solutions.
- Be an ambassador for your products, while dealing with both internal and external customers.
- Promote a culture of knowledge sharing and mutual trust. Work hard, play hard.
What will make you succeed:
- The capacity to deliver quality results while understanding the business demands of a very fast paced fintech start-up.
- Proudly own your product, from the whiteboard to development, to testing and delivering.
- Wholehearted passion for engineering, namely building robust and scalable backend services (e.g., Java/Scala/Kotlin, Python, Golang, Node/JS/TS).
- Proficiency in cloud technologies (e.g., Docker, K8s, AWS ECS, AWS Fargate, AWS Lambda + API GW).
- Experience with relational (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL), document based (e.g., DynamoDB, MongoDB) or in-memory (e.g., ElastiCache, Redis) databases.
- Willingness to embrace infra-as-code (e.g., CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Easiness with developer tools, such as CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab, Concourse, CircleCI), monitoring and logging (e.g., CloudWatch, ELK, Datadog), testing frameworks (e.g., Cucumber, Locust, K2, Spock, Mocha).
- Having a commitment to efficiency and automation.
- To think big and to elevate the team along with yourself. Always aim for high standards!
- Industry experience in banking, financing or online payments is a plus.
- Experience with event-driven architectures (e.g., Kafka, RabbitMQ, SQS/SNS) is also a plus.
- Experience working with Ruby and/or RoR is a nice to have.
- Work permit for Germany is a must-have
- Our team stands out: here, you will get to work with a team of seasoned industry experts with a rich network.
- By joining us as an early employee, you have unrivalled autonomy and ownership of engineering at Banxware.
- The tools you need to do your job: your choice of laptop, operating system, productivity software and desk set-up.
- Potential to grow into a leading role as we continue to extend our team quickly
- An attractive base salary
You belong here
We are big fans of diversity. At Banxware, everyone is accepted, included and celebrated, irrespective of their sexual orientation, culture, gender, religion, physical ability or the absence of any of these. We encourage people without degrees to apply – we believe what you’ve worked on and achieved is way more important (if you could include your GitHub profile or a link to your portfolio that would be great!) We encourage the Women in Tech community actively to apply: our Co-Founder Miriam is the role model in this respect.
This position is a full-time role in Berlin, working closely with the team and CTO. We are a remote-friendly organization, so if you prefer working a few days from home, that’s fine too! We’ll consider exceptional individuals who are not based in Berlin on the basis that they can spend a minimum of 3 months per year with the team in Berlin.
Job date: Mon, 10 May 2021 22:40:42 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net