Job title: Backend Engineer – Data ( Zurich )
Job description: 🏢 About Smallpdf
Founded in Switzerland in 2013, Smallpdf provides a simple, secure, and reliable answer to common frustrating PDF problems, and has become the most-loved and most trusted PDF software on the planet. We serve over 500 million users in 24 different languages, and in every country in the world—even Antarctica!
As one of the most successful startups in Switzerland, with staff from all over the world, we’re on a mission to make PDF easy. We love open-source and using the latest technologies to scale our distributed application to process millions of files every day.
If you are a passionate engineer with experience building and maintaining data pipelines, and would be interested in working on a product loved and used by 40+ million monthly active users, this job is for you!
💁♂️ About the Data Team
At Smallpdf, we work in pods, which are autonomous and cross-functional teams within the company.
You would be working in the Data & Research pod, where our goal is to identify the problems that our users face and validate that we are solving the problems right so that we can maximize the value of Smallpdf for our millions of users and help them become as productive as possible.
In more practical terms, we:
- Make sure our users find what they are looking for to get their work done.
- Scale, improve and maintain a stable and reliable data pipeline to track the user experience.
- Help the rest of the pods make data-driven decisions.
What you will do:
- Improve the data pipeline by implementing automation and ensuring scalability.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure for data capabilities.
- Support the rest of the organization with data-related topics and use-cases.
- Collaborate with other team members in Data by challenging ideas, brainstorming, and having discussions to reach the best solutions.
- Set a clear vision and roadmap for data architecture and infrastructure.
- Make technology and architecture decisions with a long-lasting impact.
- Own the data pipeline from a technical perspective, along with relevant CI/CD pipelines.
- Support product teams with data-related topics.
- Ensure database structure and configuration enable performant data queries.
- 3+ years experience building and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience configuring CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.)
- Experience with one or more common server-side programming languages (Java, Python, Go, etc.)
- Demonstrable ability to own a project and take it from start to finish
- Fluent English
- Based in Zurich or willing to relocate (this is an on-site role).
- EU-citizen or a valid work permit to work in Switzerland.
Nice to have:
- Experience working with very large amounts of data
- Experience with data mining.
- Experience with Version Control Systems for Machine Learning projects (DVC, Pachyderm, etc.).
We use the latest technologies, including:
- Redshift, S3
- Jenkins, Docker
- Github, Ansible, Terraform
- Stitchdata, Metabase
- Golang, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Athena
- The opportunity to impact a successful, growing scale-up and its tools used by millions worldwide.
- Work in small, highly motivated, cross-functional teams that push boundaries.
- We are remote-work friendly (we prioritize a healthy work-life balance)
- A dedicated annual budget and time off for personal development
- Enjoy company events in the Swiss Alps, on Lake Zurich, or even further afield.
- After-work events include BBQs, cinema, game nights, meet-ups, and more.
- Learn German with our free German language course.
- Hack days to challenge yourself and the team.
- Unlimited free coffee and drinks.
- Weekly team lunch on the house.
- Brand new offices in the heart of Zurich.
Rated by Forbes as one of the top 10 cities in the world for work-life balance, Zurich is the place to work for anyone who wants more out of life. From chocolate, cheese, and Rӧsti to snow-capped mountains, haute couture, Swiss-made watches, and outstanding public transport, whatever it is that makes your heart beat faster, it’s all right here in Switzerland—and so is Smallpdf.
Smallpdf is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a talented, diverse, and inclusive workforce is our greatest strength. We strongly oppose any form of hiring or workplace discrimination against candidates or employees on any basis, including race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, philosophy, nationality, disability, or genetic information. We’re committed to fostering a safe, supportive environment where everyone can come to work as their full selves and reach their greatest potential.
By sending your application, you allow Smallpdf to handle and store your data.
Smallpdf does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Smallpdf and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee
Job date: Sat, 21 Aug 2021 22:20:57 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net