Job title: Associate Director EOHSS (m/w/d)
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Job description: At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of the job:
- Ensure that the operation complies fully with all German National/Local Environment, Occupational Health and Safety regulations and current BMS EOHSS Global Policies, Directives and Procedures.
- Interact with the global EOHSS Team and implement all BMS EOHSS Directives and Policies.
- Represent Global EOHSS as the Subject Matter Expert for Crisis Management and Emergency Response within Germany.
- Lead cross-functional teams to ensure that critical controls measures from the German Crisis Management and Emergency Response Plans are developed, enhanced and implemented across the organization.
- Maintain current knowledge and expertise in German regulations in addition to current industry best practices through benchmarking and external engagement.
- Lead the design, development and implementation Environmental Health and Safety programs designed to minimize employee exposure to workplace stressors for the German Head Office and for Sales Force Operations. These programs include but are not limited to the following activities: Occupational Health and Safety programs and initiatives, Driver Safety, Environmental Permits, reporting and compliance, Ergonomics, Office Safety and Sustainability, Fire Protection and Site Emergency, Contractors Safety.
- Develop robust inclusive relationships with HQ staff, Regional Field Sales personnel and Country teams to ensure effective cross-functional collaboration and engagement.
- Provide Leadership across the organization, in particular during partnerships with the Facilities Team, Corporate Security and Global Real Estate to ensure adherence to EHS requirements during office selection, renovations and during day-to-day operations.
- Plan and coordinate environmental permit applications environmental reports and sustainability.
- Lead the routine deployment of site emergency response team. Provide 24/7 emergency response capability for Head Office.
- Interface with local regulatory agency officials.
- Represent company during inspections, audits and environmental compliance. Conduct EHS training required by Global EOHSS Programs and local regulatory agencies.
- Lead the German Occupational Health Program:
- Manage the Occupational Heath Doctor (consultant) whose is the SME for occupational health within Germany.
- Partner with Human Resources Team to ensure all aspects of the local laws relating to Occupational Health are complied with.
- Supervise and support the implementation of a Wellbeing program for Germany.
- Lead the Office Safety Program
- Implement Ergonomics program including office and automobile evaluations.
- Lead the Driver Safety program. Assist and advise in the selection of Field Sales vehicles.
- Manage Contractor Safety program.
- Manage and maintain EHS recordkeeping systems to track incidents, training and corrective actions.
- Manage workers‘ compensation cases, including return to work program implementation.
- Coordinate the waste management program including identification and evaluation of properly licensed hazardous and medical waste disposal firms.
- Maintain liaison with Facilities, Engineering and operating departments to facilitate design and implementation of site projects with EHS impacts.
- Coordinate interactions with local authorities, Corporate EHS and third party experts in respect of the remediation activities of a previously owned manufacturing site.
Qualifications, skills and behaviors:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health, Safety, Environmental Sciences or related scientific technical field.
- Degree in engineering or state-certified safety technician or safety foreman with subsequent training as an occupational safety specialist
- 10 years of experience in Environment, Health and Safety required with a track record to implement EHS programs successfully in a dynamic corporate environment.
- Strong leadership skills in order to perform to a high level across a matrix organization.
- This position requires a person who possesses a growth mindset, who champions inclusiveness, with a personality that places a high importance on integrity and accountability.
- The candidate must be able to provide resilient leadership during the preparation and implementation of Emergency Response/Crisis Management plans.
- Knowledge of environmental and safety principles/regulations and Health Standards.
- The successful candidate shall be self-motivated and highly capable of taking the initiative with issues that arise in Germany.
- As an EHS Leader the candidate must be able to effectively communicate authoritatively, both orally and in written format, to all levels of supervision.
- Ability to develop proactive programs with the judgment and skill to implement in a timely fashion is critical. Proven ability to direct, manage, motivate, lead and negotiate with diverse population and multi-functional teams.
- Response to emergencies and major incidents must evoke confidence and ability to respond to rapidly changing situations. Demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable regulations with an ongoing update of information as regulations change. Demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects/tasks, effectively prioritizing tasks, communicating project/task status and ensuring timely closure of assignments. Demonstrated capabilities in effective negotiations, influencing, advocacy and presentations to all levels. Strengths in customer service and cooperative teaming.
- Knowledge of EHS Management systems such as ISO 45001 and ISO 14001:2004.
- Experience of Managing Occupational Health personnel and programs is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Location: München, Bayern
Job date: Thu, 25 Nov 2021 05:40:29 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net