Job title: Assistant Scientist – Clinical Immunology
Company: Oxford Global Resources
Job description: We are looking for an Assistant Scientist in the field of Clinical Immunology. In this role you are responsible for the practical execution of various immunological assays. The department performs the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials. The samples are analyzed by techniques such as ELISA, Virus Neutralization Assays and ELISpot.
As an Assistant Scientist within the Clinical Immunology department you work on the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials. Aside from clinical sample analysis, the department focuses on development and validation of the required immunological assays. In this role you specifically perform the serological immuno-assays (ELISA, Virus Neutralization Assay) needed to deliver the immunological data for clinical studies and support the development of assays needed for clinical sample analysis (50% hands -on with sample logistics as additional tasks). These activities are performed in a GCLP accredited lab, meaning that all activities must follow prescribed procedures, and must be documented accurately in (digital) lab note books. For every finished experiment you report the data to the scientist, who does the scientific review of the experiments. In case of development, you will discuss the outcome and plan for follow up experiments.
- Planning & Performing serological immuno-assays (ELISA/Virus Neutralization assays) and/or cellular assays (ICS/Elispot)
- Discuss the outcome of experiments and plan for follow up experiments.
- Sample logistics;
- Working & reporting according to GCLP guidelines;
- MLO/HLO, BSc and MSc in a relevant field e.g. immunology, biochemistry, Life sciences, Virology;
- Your responsibilities will depend on your educational background;
- Relevant experience in serological immuno-assays (ELISA / Virus Neutralization assays);
- Must have experience working (internship acceptable) in GLP, GCLP, GMP, CCKL (or other lab related quality system, focusing on trace-ability) regulated environment;
- Affinity with operational excellence;
- Affinity with automated systems such as LIMS;
- Experience with pipetting robots such as TECAN is a plus;
- A pro-active team worker who can work independently when needed;
- English is a Must, Dutch is considered a plus;
- Valid Dutch work permit is a must;
- Contract: 1 year via Oxford, realistic long- term perspective
- Salary: €2600- €3300 gross monthly based on a full-time position
- Holidays: 25
- Working hours: full-time, 32 hours negotiable
- Region: Leiden
- Vacancy number: 18004
IMPORTANT NOTE: Unlimited EU working permit is required. Please do not apply if you do not have a working permit to live and work in the Netherlands. If you do not have an unlimited permit, your application will not be processed.
Expected salary: €2600 – 3300 per month
Location: Leiden, Zuid-Holland
Job date: Fri, 18 Jun 2021 23:13:05 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net