Job title: Accounting specialist Dow Terneuzen
Job description: Accounting is something you excel at, because of your education and your work experience. You are knowledgeable, have great organisation skills and speak excellent English. All of these characteristics make you the perfect candidate for the position of accounting specialist at Dow! If you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher and at least a year of experience in accounting, you could soon be receiving a monthly salary up to €3,400.- and more! Would you like to know all the ins and outs of this job? Then keep reading and don’t forget to apply!
Employment agency Manpower is looking for an accounting specialist for Dow in Terneuzen.
As an accounting specialist you will be responsible for the execution of various work process activities that support Dow’s Product and Marketing Lifting Agreement (PMLA). This is an agreement between Dow and the company Sadara that defines Dow’s responsibility to efficiently market and sell Sadara’s products. Several of Dow’s systems and core work processes are used for compliance and financial closing activities. Your primary focus is ensuring the inventory records for PMLA inventory and the financial statement analysis of said inventory are accurate. You will also be responsible for sending correct and accurate date to Sadara and ensure their invoices are paid on time.
Your working days will consist, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Performing data analysis and identifying prices to be used for inventory valuation and product costing
- Identifying and organising data defects for resolution
- Ensuring timely invoice payments and accurate compliance with billing and reporting requirements
- Assisting in the preparation of presentations and reporting related to the PMLA Financial Compliance Group activities
- Supporting in developing responses to inquiries of internal and external auditors
- Analysing the aging of PMLA inventory and summarising findings to management
- Participating with solution development and implementation
What’s in it for you
- Gross salary between €2,600.- and €3,400.- per month
- Reimbursement of travel expenses at €0.19 per kilometre and full reimbursement of Westerschelde tunnel expenses
- Pension accrual via Manpower after 26 weeks of work
- Full-time job of 40 hours a week
- Fixed term Manpower contract at Dow
- Free access to online learning platform Manpower Academy
About the company
The Dow Chemical Company (‚Dow‘) is an international organization driven by science and technology. The Dow plant in Terneuzen develops and produces basic chemicals, which are distributed to clients in more than 160 countries across the globe. Safety is of paramount importance at Dow; you will be working with personal protective equipment (PPE) on the plant. Dow also values diversity within its teams. In 2020 Dow was recognized as a Top Employer, in part because of their support of local initiatives such as public events and environmental projects.
The working hours in this full-time position are during regular office hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree or EQF level 6 degree (or higher) in Accounting or similar
- At least two years of relevant working experience as an accountant, financial specialist, accounting specialist or similar
- An excellent command of the English language (at least level C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
- Experience with Microsoft Office and SAP
- Availability of 40 hours per week
- A Dutch work permit that is valid for at least nine months or EU-nationality
- A Certificate of Good Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag or VOG) that shows you have not committed any criminal offences
If you have experience in controllers work processes and/or experience with manufacturing or supply chain cost accounting, you have a leg-up on other applicants. Living in or near Terneuzen, Hoek, Middelburg or Bergen op Zoom is also a bonus, but not mandatory!
Expected salary: €3400 per month
Location: Terneuzen, Zeeland
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 23:26:22 GMT
Apply for the job now! – Submit your Resume
Work and Live in Germany? find jobs and information about visa language and applications here Jobs-in-Germany.net