Working and living in Bulgaria
Am I eligible to apply for a Blue Card?
To apply for a Blue Card, the applicant must:
- have a valid work contract or binding job offer for highly qualified employment with a duration of at least 1 year;
- meet the minimum salary threshold in the Member State concerned (see below);
- for regulated professions: present documents proving that the national legal requirements are met;
- for unregulated professions: present documents proving that the relevant higher professional qualifications are met (for more information about higher professional qualifications, see the FAQ section);
- present a valid travel document, an application for a visa or a visa (if necessary), and a valid residence permit or a national long-term visa (if appropriate);
- present a proof of sickness insurance (or a proof of having applied for it).
In addition, the applicant must not pose a threat to public policy in the view of the Member State. S/he may also be required to provide his/her address in that Member State.
How much do I have to earn to qualify for a Blue Card?
The gross annual salary resulting from the monthly or annual salary specified in the work contract or binding job offer must be equal to or higher than the relevant salary threshold defined by the Member State (at least 1.5 times the average gross annual salary in the Member State concerned).
For 2016, Bulgaria set the minimum salary threshold at: 16 000 BGN (8 168 EUR).
Will EU citizens‘ applications be prioritised over mine?
Some Member States apply a Labour Market Test (LMT). This is a mechanism that aims to ensure that migrant workers are only admitted after employers have unsuccessfully searched for national workers, EU citizens (in EU Member states this also means EEA workers) or legally residing third-country nationals with access to the labour market according to national legislation (for more information see the FAQ section).
Bulgaria applies a labour market test.
How long will my EU Blue Card be valid?
The standard period of validity in Bulgaria is: One year.
Specific rules: In Bulgaria, the EU Blue Card is issued for a period of one year, and may be renewed. If the employment contract is of shorter duration, the EU Blue Card shall be issued for the duration of the contract plus three months.
How much will it cost?
Initial Blue Card fee: 545 BGN (278 EUR).
Renewal: 400 BGN (205 EUR). Replacement: .
Fee for express issuance: 45 EUR for 10 working days. 112 EUR for 3 working days.
How long will it take to get my Blue Card?
National law foresees that the maximum processing time for issuing a Blue Card in Bulgaria is 7 days.
You can also publish your job search profile here on Blue-Card-Jobs.com and present yourself to employers looking for staff
Blue-Card-Jobs.com wish you all the best for the immigration process in Bulgaria.